Friday, June 3, 2011

Challenges

It's not easy raising children. Some days I wonder how they will turn out. Some days I wonder if I will survive. Just that day. It's not just the things that happen with 3 toddlers in tow but the emotional challenges of raising a older adopted child. Not a bad child ~ just a hurt child. When I place myself in her place and think about the various trauma she had to go through, my heart becomes soft. I cannot say this all the time. There are times that I think I cannot possibly go on one more minute or one more second. There are so many things that I am reminded through scripture that cause me to remain strong. How lives can become changed. How the wonderful & amazing grace of Jesus is able to overcome brokeness. How friends & family can call or give me a break at just the right time. That's what it's about. Reaching out and saying...I cannot do this on my own and I/we need you.  Thank-you for those of you who encourage us and pray for our family. Remember to love those who hurt ~ just a smile or note of encouragement can go a long way.

That being said...

This week I had lying, cheating, whining, dog food put in the water dish, the ceiling colored with a marker (they stood on the table to reach it!!) and the following poured out in our basement...
Add caption






and this...

scrubbed onto the cement floor. Yes folks, it is a dove soap bar. One of these days, in the coming years, I will look back and wish this is all they did. Squirting out a liquid item and scrubbing the floor with soap. But ~ this week has not been remotely close. For now I will drink my coffee and pray to make it through the day.

Now...did I tell you about the toddlers who let a sink overflow and "rain" into the basement?

No comments:

Post a Comment