Saturday, August 6, 2011

Canning ....Everything!

Love this time of year when tomatoes are ripe and canning is in sight. Last night hubby and I had a *free* date night (gift card + market walking) which resulted in more produce. We had already designated today as our canning day and with the added tomatoes (3 boxes) and peppers (1 box) we had lots of work to do today.
Spaghetti sauce, salsa, chow chow and coleslaw were all added to our freezer and shelves. Cannot wait for winter to come and know our yummy food is in the basement.

I already wrote of last night but nothing was cooler than standing and watching the animal auction. I envisioned the billy goats and chickens being sold last night someday being on my property. A menagerie of other animals, horses definitely, but who knows what else. I'll just go browse through my Hobby Farm magazine and remember that in time...in time this will hopefully be our reality. For now I will live wonderfully through others who already live on a farm and dream. Now ~ if those neighboring chickens and rooster get out again.........

No comments:

Post a Comment