Friday, August 12, 2011

Sporting a 'Tude

I confess. It was mom in the kitchen, with her hands on her hips telling the children for the umpteenth time to behave. I don't really know what it was this time that brought it on but I definitely had it. The other day all four of the oldest were made to go pick tomatoes for their attitude but I don't want this turning into a "you-do-something-wrong-you-get-to-work" mantra.

All too soon this will change. As life does. Two of them will be entering a school instead of mama teaching them which means that I will ONLY have 3 left at home. Do you know how that sounds to some? What? Are you kidding me? ONLY Three??? Uh...yep ~ only three! Hopefully that changes once hubby gets out of grad school. Tee hee hee!

So anyway back in the kitchen I realize that my children look to me as the parent for guidance and I let them down. Not in the aspect of following through on negative attitudes and behaviors but on the tone of how I handled it. You see I realize that I heard my children in me and that is what was wrong. The attitude is in allowing them to know that what they did was wrong but not in a loud or  well...for me...loud manner.

I pray that as they grow that they would see Jesus in me and want to emulate that love to others. There is so much more than the computer time or daily life and that is in the little things that I do for them now. That is what I want them to remember!

*They all are in bed!! :)*


No comments:

Post a Comment