Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Journey: Hear My Heart

My heart is burdened for a special group of women. Those of you who sit in church or that I know other ways. You know who you are and you know how you hate child dedication days or that invitation to yet another baby shower knowing full well how much you want to be the one to send out the invite. That if you would go to the shower, no matter how happy you are for your friend/relative, that you cry afterward. And that when you have decided no more going you know the date and time of the event.

I hear your heart! I remember too well those days of heartache of watching other couples proudly show off their offspring.  All I could think was Gag me. Sorry but this is real life, real heartache and sadness. Just don't go. Seriously. Take that emotional upheaval out of the equation and just avoid it. It's ok!!!  Instead, plan a getaway for you and your spouse or a staycation.  Keep in mind that this affects him as well. Talk about your feelings and if needed please seek counsel. God hears our hearts and is the best source of comfort. Granted there may be feelings of anger even at God but tell Him.  (BTW ~ he already knows!)

When people offer unsolicited advice kindly but firmly let them know you are not interested. Whatever is said is merely a feeling of being kicked in the pants and furthermore THEY HAVE NO IDEA!! Resist the urge to punch them or offer your own sarcastic comment. It just brings more problems. (Although a good alternative is ordering a punching bag for your anger outlet!)

Thanks for hearing my heart....I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment