Sunday, August 28, 2011

There is no noise except for the flapping of the fan and the occasional mutterings from the dog. I dare not heat up my coffee for fear the microwave dinging would wake up the trio and Jason camping out in the back room. It was so fast....them falling asleep after they found out daddy was going to "camp" with them. He asked them to each get their sleeping bags and other necessities (baby dolls, pillow pets, etc...) because he had a surprise for them! I wonder if he bribed them?? Hmm...time will tell.


The last two days I have been canning peaches and at last count think I got about 30 quarts. It was a spur of the moment thing to do. Maybe it boiled down to the fact that on Friday I had 2 less children in the house or maybe it was the fact that I knew everyone likes peaches, it was a good deal and it would be simply delicious come winter. Who knows. Either way the ants decided they liked the idea as well and produced a clan of them come Saturday morning. Let me tell you, it's morbid, but I thoroughly enjoyed killing those suckers. I was not impressed that after the use of Clorox the night before they somehow managed to find a trail of peach juice. Die ants, die!!! Ha Ha Ha!!

So what do I intend on canning tomorrow? Why Green Tomato Salsa of course! I had planted nine tomato plants this year and thinned them out Friday evening and got about 2 large container fulls. I didn't want to throw the green ones away and found a recipe online to use so we'll see how well we like it. Shouldn't take too long to do and hopefully the prep work will happen later today. With this weather being rainy would be a good time to heat up the kitchen without having to run an air conditioner.

Hoping for wonderful times this evening with my family,

Sara

So excited on her first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment