Thursday, August 18, 2011

This day is definitely laced with foster care and adoption issues. This morning we had a caseworker come out for the baby in regards to putting together his profile. Wonderful lady who was so kind to the inquisitive toddlers that asked every question they could possibly think of. "Can you color with me? Wanna see my room? I get pennies for peeing  on the potty? See I have big-girl panties on. Do you know that Kelsey is taller than mommy? Daddy is at work? Did you know that daddy is at work? Can you color with me?"  It was like they don't get out much. Like they have never seen another lady other than mommy. So inquisitive and so polite that it was warming to my heart. Oh but wait....then it started. After settling in to our conversation out of the corner of my eye I can see Dominic slyly extending his leg in what looked like a kick! Are you kidding me??? We have a caseworker here! (Granted my hubby is one too but this is someone different.) It's like telling the children on the way to church to "Stop slapping, kicking, yelling to each other we are going to praise Jesus!!! Now all of you be quiet or I am going to come back there!" Which, that in itself, would be a sight. Grown woman unbuckling to stumble through a filled mini-van to tell children to straighten up! Downright laughable!
So I see my sly son kicking his sister. Yep, it is now a fight! After entangling them from each other with no hair loss or physical damage to the other love is once again reigning. Albeit with some strong encouragement from mom bestowing the virtues of kindness and why it is important. Does this register? Please? Oh Hallelujah it's time for Caillou!

So tonight my hubs and I will have a date night after Loss of Life training. Should be enlightening to hear what the speaker has to say in regards to dealing with the trauma associated with foster and adopted children. Although my husband is very knowledgeable about these things it is nice to sit beside him and gain understanding jointly. He lives this life and I can tell when is a good day or a bad day to ask questions based on what he was working on that day.

Currently, I have 3 children who are resting/sleeping with the toddler girls JUST put back for the 3rd time. Patience is the recipe of the afternoon for this mama. I think I'll go make some Homemade Laundry Soap (find in recipe section) since I am soon out and hope that by the time I am done with that the girls will be in dream land.

Let's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment